Saul's Ramblings

Judy Canova, Nero Wolfe, Alfred Hitchcock and the Three Investigators, and whatever else might strike my fancy

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Nero Wolfe

As I stated earlier, one of my other interests is the Nero Wolfe mysteries. I was first exposed to the Gargantuan Gourmet through the original Rex Stout books, but have since collected most of the material available in many different types of media. My latest addition is the hard to find 1979 pilot that starred Thayer David (of Dark Shadows fame)in his last role prior to his untimely death.

Here is a screen cap I just made from the show:




There have been 5 American actor that have played the role on TV and on the silver screen: Edward Albert, Walter Connolly, Thayer David, William Conrad, and Maury Chaykin (o.k. he's technically a Canadian), but the series was also taken up on Russian and Italian T.V. and has a pretty decent global recognition factor. If you haven't had the pleasure, I suggest picking up the first book, Fer-de-Lance, but you can jump in anywhere in the cannon, (except I'm told, the last, Family Affair, which could ruin some of the fun.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home